Let’s face it – hardly anyone out there argues about the fact that a sherwani is undoubtedly the best outfit to wear for a wedding. Whether it is your very own wedding or not does not matter. The fact of the matter is that it is the best traditional outfit for the groom and his friends to wear at an Indian wedding. The sheer stylish look and class that the outfit exudes are second to none.
While enough has been spoken about the regal look that a sherwani possesses, there is also the aspect of a person making the wrong choice as well. As surprising as this may sound, you can be sure of the fact that your day could be ruined simply because of how out of place you will end up looking at the wedding.
Sure, you may just stand out a bit or look extremely out of place, but there is also the fact that there are a few key aspects to remember while choosing a sherwani for the special day. Whether you are looking to pick up a spanking new mens wedding sherwani from Geeta Arts or anywhere else, this is something that certainly needs to be done. Here are the top five aspects to keep in mind:-
- Avoid low-grade fabric: Not only will it make you look awkward on the day of the wedding, but you can be sure of the fact that it will look extremely cheap as well. No matter what type of embroidery work one does, the elegant look of the fabric will be absent. And make no mistake – at a wedding, people are most certainly going to be judging you.
- The aspect of colour-clashing: If you are not a regular at weddings, it will be tough for you to gauge and understand which colours match with each other. Sure, one should make sure that the sherwani conveys a feeling of grandeur, but not to the extent that several colours end up clashing, thus making you stand out in a bad way.
- Wrong fit: The worst thing is when you choose a sherwani that is perfect in every possible way except for its size. Make sure that once you visit the store, you do a thorough check of all the designs that are made specifically for your body type in particular.
Since nothing is more important than your comfort, be sure to keep this factor in mind. After all, ill-fitting clothes will end up making you look shorter and fatter than you actually are.
- Don’t neglect the type of colour and embroidery: This is one of the main things to keep in mind – the fact that the colour of your sherwani matches both your body type and skin tone. So just remember that no matter how beautiful and elegant a sherwani may look, it is of no use if it is not complimenting you. It is as simple as that.
- Forget about simplicity: Unlike a lot of other things in life, the aspect of simplicity is certainly not going to work in your favour when it comes to choosing a sherwani. The look of your sherwani should ideally be suave and elegant. This is a wedding that you are attending and one should strive to look his best.
Finally, be aware of the fact that even if you know a lot of people at the wedding, a lot of photos are going to be clicked. So you most certainly do not want to look too out of place amongst everyone else.
Keeping the above five aspects in mind will ensure that you get the best sherwani in the market. Plus, there is also the fact that it is a special day for everyone at the wedding and it would help if you managed to get your hands on the best-looking sherwani as well.